You have a couple options when transfering an existing WordPress website to Notable Care.
If you are new to NotablePress, you only need to transfer your posts, pages, media, comments, etc. but not your existing Theme(s) and plugins.
To export your WordPress data login to your current WordPress site.
- From the Dashboard go to Tools > Export
- Select All content if not already selected by default and Click Download Export File.
- Login to your new/staging WordPress site.
- From the Dashboard go to Tools > Import.
- Find WordPress and click Install Now (this installs the Importer Plugin).
- Once installed you should see Run Importer under WordPress on the Import Page. Click Run Importer.
- From the Importer screen, select your saved WordPress Export file.
- Click Upload file and import.
- When complete, review your WordPress website to confirm all your content is now on your new website.
Note, you will need to add any headers, widgets, media, custom settings, etc to your new site using this process.
Still missing WordPress data?
It’s possible your website is too big or you are expecting items that the WordPress export tool doesn’t handle.